It seems crazy to me that September 11, 2001 was 9 years ago!
I still remember watching the news and not really understanding exactly what was going on, but I remember I was scared. I was in 7th grade, and I think my dad called to tell my mom to turn on the TV. I just stood there in shock seeing the planes fly into the buildings. It was so terrifying and I wasn't sure what was going to happen because of it. I do remember how much we all stood together to support each other, and the day of prayer we had. I remember feeling so patriotic and so proud to be American.I can't even begin to imagine the devastation that families and friends felt that day. I am ever grateful for the armed forces and for their dedication to protecting and defending our freedom.
“Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward and freedom will be defended. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail,” -George W. Bush






No comments:
Post a Comment