Friday, September 23, 2011

Sea Ranch

I know this is weeks late..but better late than never, right? :) For Labor day weekend, we went to Sea Ranch! Alisha, Jared, my mom and dad and I all left Thursday. It was really foggy on the drive up and it made me so excited for fall! Being at the ocean made me wish it was cold, I wore a sweatshirt and jeans everyday there! It was a nice break from the heat. On Friday, we walked down to the beach and it was gorgeous! We found a starfish and I had to take a picture!
We saw tons of Sea Urchins all over the beach! Seriously, there were hundreds! I have never seen so many before. I picked up a few really pretty pink and purples ones, but after we left them outside to dry, they turned ugly so I just left them there.
After we went to the beach, we just went back to the house and relaxed for awhile. We drove into town (and by town I mean 5 little stores) and browsed the stores that we always look at. Alisha and I found a fart book at the bookstore and we were reading it and laughing SO hard. I'm pretty sure the owners of the bookstore thought we were insane/immature, but it was so funny! We laughed the whole drive back to the house! Friday night, Brittany & Lukas drove up with the kids, and it was fun to have everyone there!

We walked down to the beach on Saturday, and it was so crazy how overcast and foggy it was!


The waves were HUGE!
Ryan wasn't too sure about the starfish...
sisters <3
Ryan sitting in his hole grandpa dug for him!
Ryan falling face first in the hole...
this picture is my favorite! My dad and Brittany were trying to pull Ryan out and I just happened to take the picture at the perfect moment....BUTT CRACK! haha. We were all laughing so hard, I was crying. It was the funniest thing! Ryan was so funny that day! Someone asked him where he was digging to, and my dad leaned over and whispered "china" and Ryan says "Vagina!" um, no, not the same thing! It was so funny! Poor kid is never gonna live that one down. ever.
I loved the fog, it was kind of spooky and I loved the way it looked in the trees, it was so pretty! On the way back, we saw deer! We always see deer when we are there, but Claire loved seeing the deer! She would stay at the window and just look for deer. When they would leave she would ask everyone where they went. It was so cute!
I think this is one of my favorite spots at sea ranch. I love the leaning trees. I think it looks so cool!
Alisha, Claire, and I walked down to the beach before dinner on Saturday and it was so fun to have Claire to ourselves! She loved the ocean and didn't want to go back to the house!
I had so much fun at Sea Ranch, and I'm so glad everyone was able to come! I love to be around my family, and to just have fun and relax. I am excited to go back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment