We left the school and drove to the Salt Lake Airport. Thankfully, I slept pretty much the whole drive! I was so exhausted! We had a lot of time, so Jessica and I went to Starbucks in the airport and it was heaven! We boarded in SLC and flew into Baltimore. It was such a long flight! I'm used to the 1 1/2 flight from Salt Lake to Sacramento, so the 3-4 hour flight was a long one! Thank goodness for my Ipod & books! :) We got into Baltimore around 4, and we took a shuttle to the Amtrak station. It was my first time riding the Amtrak and it was pretty fun!
(p.s. please ignore the fact that Jessica and I look like hot messes...we had been traveling alllllll day!)
The Amtrak took us to Union Station. It was so cool there! It was such a beautiful building with marble pillars and floors...I tried taking pictures but they were so blurry. We finally got to sit down and eat dinner at 7 because we were all starving...it was our first meal of the day! After we ate, we walked to the Capitol and took pictures. I was kind of bummed because my camera doesn't take night pictures very well, but I got a few good ones! It was so cool to see the Capitol. I think it finally hit me that I was in D.C!
Can you see the construction they are doing to the top?
Of course, I needed a typical touristy picture of me on the Capitol steps! :)
(again, ignore the fact that I look nasty...it was a long day!)
After touring the Capitol, we took the Metro to our hotel. I love the Metro! I know it is so gross and dirty but it was so fun! We headed to our hotel and checked in. Jess and I were going to go to the opening social for the conference, but we got there and it looked really dumb, so we just walked around. We found the BYU chapter and we ended up going out to ice cream with them. It was fun to get to know them. The ice cream place we went to was actually downstairs from the Human Rights Campaign store and we were all wearing our BYU & BYU-I shirts and sweatshirts...it was pretty funny! After ice cream, we went back to the hotel and crashed. It was such a long day, but it was good to finally be in D.C.
It was crazy how many modes of transportation we took--car, plane, train, and subway!






I don't think you and Jessica look bad at all! I am so glad you had a good time in Washington D.C.! What an incredible opportunity for you to have. I look forward to reading more updates on your blog and seeing more pictures of your sightseeing. I am very glad you are back in Rexburg and that you were safe on your trip. I prayed lots for you!
ReplyDeleteIt was so amazing and I'm so glad I got to go! I loved seeing all the sights! and the updates are coming...slowly but surely. I have so many pictures to go through! I'm glad to be back safely too!
ReplyDelete