Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wisdom Teeth!

Yes, i FINALLY got my wisdom teeth removed! They had been bothering me off and on for a few months, so i got my pano done by Amy, and my mom made an appointment...well, apparently, I needed to be on my parent's insurance for 6 months, so we had to reschedule. So my appointment was on Thursday, and I was less than excited. I remember seeing my sisters and friends after, and was not looking forward to the whole chubby, bruised cheeks look. But I couldn't put it off any longer! My appointment was at 8:30. Yes, that would be AM. So my mom and I get there and fill out all the paperwork (I mean really, do they NEED my driver's license ID?! I don't even know it...) After all the paperwork is filled out, we have to go in a room for the consultation. By now it's like 9:30 and I'm just ready for the dang thing to be over with, but I had to watch a video about the process. I was just ready for them to knock me out and get to work! I was not excited about getting an IV though, I HATE them. They led me to the room and the nurse asked me if I wanted to keep my "wisdom", and I said no. Who would want to keep them?! That's just gross to me! She gave me laughing gas, and I started to feel all tingly, and I could feel them starting my IV and I was getting nervous, but I couldn't really feel anything......

and then I woke up about a half hour later. It was pretty much amazing! I wasn't in any pain! The only thing I didn't like was having to keep the nasty gauze in my mouth. We made a pit stop at Jamba, and I sat in the car because there was NO way I would go out in public looking the way I did! Then we went home and Brittany was there with Ryan and Claire, which brightened my day! Ryan went with my mom to get my drugs, and my mom told me to leave the gauze in for 5 more minutes. Which then somehow turned into me needing to leave it in for 15...and the number just kept growing. So I just took it out! I started to ice my cheeks, but I was feeling great, no pain whatsoever. Ryan and my mom came back with balloons and flowers for me, which was really cute! :)

All in all, it was really easy, and it didn't hurt. My cheeks are a little swollen, but no bruising on my face, which is good! My gums and jaw are a little sore, but it's not bad at all. I think the worst part of the whole thing was the IV! I counted 6 different places where they tried to start the IV...I'm just glad I was passed out for that! The only bruise I have is on my hand from the IV!

2 comments:

  1. The only thing you need to complete this post is a picture of your teeth! Too bad you didn't want to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that definitely wouldn't have been a pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete