Sunday, May 2, 2010

it's time for school!

I feel like I have been neglecting my blog since I'm back in school, and I do have new things going on in my life, so I figured it was time for an update! My mom and dad drove up to take me back to school and to visit family. We left on the 16th. It was so nice to have them here with me because my mom hasn't been here for the beginning of the semester since 2008, so it was nice to have her back! We stayed with my aunt & uncle who live in Idaho Falls {which is a half hour away from Rexburg} for a few days. It was fun to spend time with my family and be together again! I love having family so close, it makes it easier to be away from home! My dad absolutely loved riding my cousin's dirt bikes {he is such a little kid a heart, it's so funny}. My mom and I had fun going to Porter's, the local craft store! I enjoyed spending time with my mom all day Saturday! My mom's birthday was the 18th, and my uncle made a nice dinner and we all just spent time together.

I drove down to Rexburg on the 19th, and my parents left for Utah. I finally unpacked all of my stuff and got settled in. {a big THANKS to my mom and dad for all of their help moving all of my stuff in and for taking the time to come to Idaho, and for all the groceries!} I love my new apartment. I moved to a different complex because I lived at my previous apartment for almost 2 years. Needless to say, I was ready for a change!

School started on the 20th, so I've only been in school for almost 2 weeks. School is going great! I have been so lucky to get amazing teachers! I am excited to have two teachers from last fall, they are so great! I'm currently taking Race & Ethnic Relations (I'm a sociology minor), Public Relations Writing, Senior Case Studies (um, did I mention I'm a SENIOR?!), Conflict Management, and Media Law and Ethics. :) So far, I really enjoy my classes! Thankfully, my load has been very manageable, which I am very grateful for! The first few days I was here were absolutely beautful! In fact, we had better weather here in Rexburg than my family had back home! :) But, weather here in Rexburg can be pretty unpredictable, and this last week has gone from sunny to cold and gray, rain to snow! But summer is around the corner, I can feel it! :)
As for my director position...I love it! I have three members for my council, and I am really excited! At first, I was really nervous because I had no idea who to even ask, but then the ideas came to me in the middle of class! Now I just need to find a few guys to be on my council and we can start working!

All in all, school is great! I love my apartment! I am so excited for this summer! I'm hoping this is my second to last semester here. I have gone into the advising office 3 times already this semester and I have applied for graduation in the fall! Things are falling into place! :)

Two of my roommates and I on the first day of school! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so happy! I love it!! And you looked so cute on your first day of school. :) I miss being up there with you!

    PS: where are you living now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thank you! :) i miss you being up here too! i moved to the ridge, and i love it!

    ReplyDelete